(Pet Urine Removal Treatment)
Following years of research and testing by a team of Ph.D. Chemists, Harris Research Inc. has U.S and international patents on the most significant discovery in odor removal history… P.U.R T. (Pet Urine Removal Treatment)
Chem-Dry®’s revolutionary Pet Urine Removal Treatment (P.U.R.T.) is specially formulated to eliminate urine odours and has shown excellent results even on the most severe pet urine areas.
Pet urine in carpets is a severe problem that can lead to health problems for your family and can’t be addressed with simple cleaning or treating. Chem-Dry’s Pet Urine Removal Treatment contacts the source of the odour and immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odour for good.
Tested and Proven Superior Results
An independent laboratory recently conducted multiple tests of our P.U.R.T. process to determine its effectiveness in resolving pet urine odours and stains. In tests against the most common odour sources found in dog and cat urine, the study found that P.U.R.T. removes an average of 99.9% of pet urine odors from carpets. When used along with our HCE (Hot Carbonating Extraction) process and a sanitizer, the study also concluded that P.U.R.T. removes an average of 99.2% of the bacteria from pet urine stains in carpets.
Our industry-leading system uses UV lights to detect affected areas and a deep-penetrating solution that destroys most cat or dog urine stains and odours within 36 hours. This highly effective system has been developed based on our experience of over three decades as the world’s leading carpet cleaning service.
With P.U.R.T., now your most severe pet urine odours can be solved, your carpets can be saved and your home can be a cleaner, healthier, happier place for you and your family.
Facts You Need To Know About Pet Urine In Your Carpeting:
Urine deposited on carpet does not stay there, it penetrates the fibers and contaminates both the backing of the carpet and the flooring material below the carpet. Often, without your knowing, pets will urinate continually in the same general location. Urine odors can permeate from the floor, be it cement or wood, from the tack strip, and even from the framework of the house behind the walls.
As the urine dries, the liquid evaporates but the urine crystals become even more concentrated and pungent. Simple cleaning will not remove this odor. Until recently, there was not a product available that was effective at removing urine odors.
When P.U.R.T. contacts the source of the odor, it immediately begins a chemical reaction that destroys the urine odor.
How P.U.R.T.® Works
- The source and severity of the odor are determined using UV lights and sensitive detection equipment,
- The carpet will then be rinsed and extracted to remove the loose urine crystals.
- P.U.R.T. will then be applied heavily to the affected area to ensure the solution leaches all the way down to the tack strip, sub floor, under baseboards and underpaddin. It is necessary to apply this product heavily enough to dampen all areas affected by the urine. *
- In worst cases, the carpet may need to be pulled back in the suspected areas to reveal the extent of the damage.*
- If necessary, the pad will be removed and replaced.*
- An odor blocking shellac may be applied to the subfloor if determined necessary.*
- Over the next 24 to 36 hours, the ingredients in P.U.R.T. will react with the urine, and break down the odor causing components.
- On occasion, a Chem-Dry technician may need to return after 48 to 72 hours to inspect the outcome, re-install padding and perform a final cleaning of the treated carpet leaving you with a restored, fresh smelling Cleaner – Drier – Healthier™ room that will be safer for you and your family and provide a happier environment for you pets.
*Additional charges based on your unique situation will apply for services.